We Took Over ‘The Guide’ on ‘The Brunch Show’ with Kamilla Rose
We were asked to take over a segment on female led radio station Foundation.FM. They regularly collaborate with “sick” collectives to provide ‘The Guide’ on events and new music on Kamilla Rose’s ‘The Brunch Show’. With Corona in full effect we certainly weren’t hosting any 9bills parties so we reached out to someone with the best knowledge of things to do, The Date Connoisseur!
Throughout September 2020 we plugged listeners each week with the latest tracks from the UK music scene and best date spots in London. From Drill to R&B and Afrobeats to BBQ Boats & party rooms in Mayfair. Here’s a summary of what we covered!
Music and date spots we recommended with (links to the full shows):
Week 1: 01/09/2020
Imagine if Nines was a rapper full time 🧐
— 9bills (@9bills) August 28, 2020
- **Show Love – The first Black-owned open-air cinema event, based in Maidstone
- The Coya Brunch: A lively, high-end, Latin themed brunch with unlimited cocktails and champagne.
- Openaire Float-In Cinema by Haagen-Dazs – The UK’s First floating cinema. openaire.co.uk (Re-opening summer 2021)
UK's first float in cinema is a vibeee 😍🙌🏽 pic.twitter.com/RRld0wBspk
— The Date Connoisseur 📸 (@dateconnoisseur) September 2, 2020
Week 2: 08/09/2020
- M24 – Passion
- Richy F – Kanye
- Trenchmade – Focus
- 12omo – Girl
- Gbnga – Cherry B
- Street Lounge – An immersive dining experience inside a real-life spaceship.
- The Last Supper (From the founders of Hip Hop Bingo Brunch) – A dinner party concept.
- Innamo Games Room – A party room where you can play, drink, eat and sing.
- The Scuna BBQ Boat – Bring your own food & have a BBQ on a boat!
- The Exhibit – A neighbourhood bar, restaurant and event space, where they have regular entertainment and events, all under one roof.
Week 3: 22/09/20
- Chin0 – The Switch Up
- CR7DA – Shaggy
- Potter Payper – Midnight on Ilford Lane
"Brazilian ting want samba, Nigerian ting want Zanku" 🔥💃🏽 pic.twitter.com/HUSuc9zzR7
— 9bills (@9bills) September 24, 2020
- Jumera Terrace – A unique South-American inspired restaurant.
(Jurema is currently closed, but will be reopening in November as a Winter Garden)
- Jolie – A French restaurant based around the sharing concept.
- The Bletchley – An immersive WW2 Themed bar which includes a code breaking game, and each code you break gets you a cocktail.
Week 4 :28/09/2020
- Nippa – Squeezin’ Ya
- Gbnga – Sleep
- Tiana Blake – Cut Ties
- Dig Dat – Assassin Creed
- Paxe – Put It On Me
- NAC Mayfair: The perfect brunch spot in Mayfair.
- The Big London Bake: The perfect date/group activity baking a cake.
- SeaBird at The Hoxton Hotel – A rooftop seafood restaurant that’s perfect for seafood lovers.
- Backyard Cinema – A magical, immersive cinema experience.
- Amazonica – A latin-american themed restaurant.
Much love the team at Foundation FM for inviting 9bills to takeover the guide, to Kamilla for giving us time on the show and to The Date Connoisseur for being an excellent co-host and plugging us with some amazing places!
Important accounts to follow!
The Date Connoisseur