Follow @9bills Submit your videos to the 9bills blog here.
2019 is drawing to a close and we are looking to end the decade with a bang. As you know, December is always a time of reflection on how well we have done throughout the year. Highlighting the highs and lows and it’s also a great time to review our growth. In this blog we will be reviewing the TOP9 hairstyles from influencial male figures in the UK scene. We will be counting down from 9 of the best styles of 2019. So lets get this started:
- HONOURABLE MENTION. CHIP – didn’t make the Top 9 but deserves a special mention as he really was in a League Of His Own when he dropped the high fade with the curls on top.
- 9. AMBUSH – He got jumpy and switched up the hair to little twists which showed off a wavey look
- 8. LB DIRTBIKE – D Block Europe rapper started growing his hair and is now rocking locs similar to Young Adz
- 7. ONE ACEN – shocked the UK scene when he finally took off his durag in the Xpensive Habits video and revealed his locs
- 6. SCORCHER – has always been known for his flows and bars within the rap scene but in 2019 he also let us know his hair was wavey too when he came out with the single plaits
- 5. YOUNG T & BUGSY – the duo have had an array of hairstyles in 2019 placing them 5th in our countdown
- 4. WRETCH 32 – his 2019 hair journey has been incredible. The local growth and maintenance earns his number 4 spot on our list
- 3. KREPT – is also known for his plaits but he has to get a high rating on the countdown for maintaining the fresh plaits look within the scene for over 10 years!
- 2. AJ TRACEY – we have to give this guy the number two spot for his versatility with his style. Regularly ranging from his curls to long plaits or the wavey spider themed hairstyle seen on the album cover for his debut album.
- 1. YXNG BANE – The HBK rapper always stays drippy and he showcased this with the blonde locs in 2019 which are now a signature part of his look which has gained him Number 1 spot on our countdown!
From looking at all the styles on display it is clear to see that there has been a clear experimental attitude taken by rappers regarding their hair. Rappers opted to grow their hair this year and try new things. Plaits, twists, locs and even dyed hair was widely used by rappers to define their image and enforce the importance of their look within the scene.
If you do not agree with the list above, or believe another rapper/entertainer should be on their list for their hairstyles this year please leave a comment below. No list is wrong and personal preference is what makes the scene so lively.
It will be interesting to see what styles will take 2020 by storm and what trends will be first to set a tone into the new decade.
If you are interested in different mens hairstyles, hair care and health check me out on https://mrnstz.com/